Dyson provides multiple different versions of battery-powered vacuum cleaners that are very similar: DC62, V6, V6 Animalpro, V6 Fluffy. I analyze the compatibility of various vacuum cleaner models and their attachments. I gather information that would enable me to mix-and-match various vacuum cleaner engines with attachments in case a wanted attachment does not come in the box.
Dyson DC62 and V6 Vacuum Cleaners
In the table, I summarize the versions of Dyson vacuum cleaners and their standard set of attachments that you can find in the box.
|D||DC62 Extra||Yes||Yes 21cm||Yes||No||Yes||No||Passive attachment set (passive)|
|D||DC62 Animalpro||Yes||Yes 21cm||No||No||Yes||No||Hardfloor (passive)|
|D||Digital Slim||Yes||Yes 25cm||No||No||Yes||No|
|D||v6 Motorhead||Yes||Yes 25cm?||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|D||v6 Car+Boat||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||Car charger + passive attachment set|
|D||v6 Animal Pro TV||Yes||Yes 25cm||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||passive attachments + flex pipe + Bag|
|D||v6 Animal Pro+||Yes||Yes 25cm||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|A||v6 Absolute||Yes||Yes 25cm?||No||No||Yes||Yes||Hardfloor (passive)|
|A||v6 Total Clean||Yes||Yes 21cm?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|D||v6 Mattress||Yes||No||No||No||No||HEPA||Special Mattress (powered)|
Sources of information:
- [D] Dyson webpage description
- [A] Various Amazon descriptions
- Basic: combination tool and crevice tool - available in probably all sets
- Carpet-E: motorized (E) brush for carpet cleaning
- Mini-E: motorized (E) brush for sofa cleaning
- Soft-E: motorized (E) brush for hard-floor cleaning
- Wall-mount: accessory to mount Dyson on a wall
- Filter: type of post-engine dust filter
- and other accessories that are specific to a given model
Here, I specify which attachment fits onto a given model, so that you can buy attachments that do not come in the box by default.
- 'yes' = comes with.
- 'fits' = The attachment fits this model.
- see footnotes for additional information.
|v6 Animal Pro TV||yes||yes||should||should|
|v6 Animal Pro+||yes||yes||should||should|
|v6 Total Clean||yes||yes||yes||should|
This is still work in progress, so it would be great if you could provide information to fill the fields containing question marks. Feel free to leave a comment.
Subscribe to ErrorBlog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox